Lothar Pirc is the owner and CEO of the Maharishi Ayurveda Health Centre in Bad Ems, Germany since 1992.
The state-recognized clinic is one of Europe’s leading and repeatedly awarded institution for Ayurvedic treatments.
Important life stages:
- Born in 1955 in Bottrop, NRW and raised in Balduinstein, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.
- Commercial degree in Germany followed by a work-study program at Maharishi European Research University (MERU), Switzerland.
- 1975 to 1976 Manager of a renowned hotel in Arosa, Switzerland and purchasing manager for 20 hotels.
- 1976 to 1978 – Teacher Training course of the Transcendental Meditation® (TM®) program in France, Germany, and Switzerland.
- Director of the German National Course Office for the Transcendental Meditation program.
- Course leader for national and international six-month TM Teacher Training courses.
- 1982 to 1989 – Deepening of the meditation practice, study of the Veda, Vedic Literature, Maharishi Ayurveda, Vedic Management and various international projects under the personal guidance of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi at a Meditation Academy on the Rhine and later at Maharishi Vedic University in Vlodrop, Netherlands.
- 1984 – One-year school project in Kenya. Instructed thousands of students as well as school board members and faculty in the Transcendental Meditation technique and integrated daily practice into class schedules.
- In the year 1985 – Established government relations in Cyprus as well as implemented and managed a TM Training Institute, organizing advanced courses and Maharishi Ayurveda consultations with Indian Vaidyas (Ayurveda experts).
- Starting in 1986 – Implemented Maharishi Ayurveda Doctors and Technician Training courses in Europe. Established and maintained international government relations as well as introducing Maharishi Ayurveda to government officials in various countries. Accompanied renowned Vaidyas (Indian Ayurveda experts) in many European countries as they attended health meetings and consultations.
- 1989 – Marriage to Dr. Karin Pirc, co-founder and medical director of the first German Maharishi Ayurveda Health Centre. The couple has two children as well as a son and daughter from Karin Pirc’s first marriage.
- 1989 to 1992 – Developed and implemented a consciousness-based Human Resource and Corporate Development program where modern management theories meet the timeless wisdom of the Veda. Course leader for large international conferences of as many as 3000 participants. Also organized symposia and seminars, as well as training courses for seminar leaders in a variety of countries, including Turkey, Switzerland, Yugoslavia, Spain, Germany and The Netherlands.
- 1992 – Founded Maharishi Ayurveda Health Centre in Bad Ems, Germany together with Dr. Karin Pirc.
- Since 1994 – Serves as a consultant for new Maharishi Ayurveda Health Centre’s all over the world and as a speaker at international symposia and congresses.
- 1999 and 2000 – Interim managing director of the Spa Hotel Bad Ems, achieving four-star status.
- 2008 – Appointed as the general secretary of the European Ayurveda Medical Association EURAMA.
- 2009 to 2012 – President of Maharishi Ayurveda Health Center Lancaster, Inc.
- 2010 – Maharishi Ayurveda lecture tour in 25 cities in the USA, Mexico and Canada.
- 2011 – Founded Pirc Clinic Consulting. Obtained several consulting contracts in India and Nepal.
- 2012 – Established the Foundation for the Promotion of the Vedic Cultural Heritage.
- 2014 – Co-founder and director of the International Maharishi AyurVeda Foundation, The Netherlands
- 2015 – Organization and moderation of the International Ayurveda Congress in Roermond, The Netherlands
- 2016 – Lecture tours through India, Nepal, Serbia and Russia
- 2018 – Serving Maharishi AyurVeda: Three trips to India, two trips to Nepal, Brazil, Boston, Russia and the Ukraine. Furthermore, the participation as a speaker or moderator at Ayurveda Congresses in France, Slovenia, Austria, India, Nepal and in the Netherlands.
First publication of my autobiography „The Blessing of Maharishi“. The first edition is almost sold and has received over 100 excellent reviews so far.
- 2019 – Co-founder and member of the board of ADAVED (Confederation of German Ayurveda Organizations); travels to India, Ukraine.